We’ve Got A Christmas Single
Almost forgot to mention this one, we’ve got our first Christmas song! It’s for a compilation CD that going to be on sale at all Starbucks and some other selected stores in Singapore during Christmas season. It’s a stellar line-up of local indie musicians. I think except for one tune, they are all originals. We almost went with a cover of I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. Thankfully, we couldn’t seem to get it right, so quickly a new song was cobbled together: written, rehearsed and recorded in one week.
It’s recorded at Thom’s Loft, which is a newly created studio space by Alan Bok (Interlude). Obedient Wives Club and Sapporo Safaris, among others, have also recorded material at this very cozy shophouse unit on Arab Street. Alan himself does the recording. Patrick Chng mixes. (Reunited!) Jason Tan does the mastering.
1. Give Me Love On Xmas Day – The Lilac Saints & Friends
2. Dear Santa – The Ukulele Girls
3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Charlie Lim & Inch Chua
4. Christmas Without You – Natalie Hiong
5. Christmastime – Rachael Teo
6. X’mas Dream – Kevin Mathews
7. December By The Isle Of You – Jonathan Meur
8. We Three Kings – Lunarin
9. Silent Night – The Sam Willows featuring Bang Wenfu
10. This Christmas – Jack & Rai
11. A Different Christmas – Shelves
12. Xmas Without You – Don Richmond
13. The Christmas Show – Another Sunday Afternoon
14. Winter Heart – Deon
All proceeds go to the Rare Disorders Society, Singapore.
The Rare Disorders Society (Singapore) is a non-profit organisation set up in 2011 by parents of children diagnosed with rare diseases to raise awareness for rare disorders. They provide emotional support for families coping with a rare disease and strive to seek sustainable treatment for patients with rare disorders.
We really want to thank Patrick, who gave us the opportunity to contribute to this effort.