10 Reasons to pop by SHELVES x Pigeonhole Tonight!
What? You mean you still need reasons? Okay, here’s some:
1. We’re debuting what could possibly be the WORLD’S FIRST SHOT ENTIRELY ON LOMO CAMERAS music video. So catch it here before it goes online, you’ll be that much cooler. (Proudly sponsored by Lomography Singapore and directed and shot by Pigeonhole proprietor and editing wizard, Rayner Lim.)
2. Also playing are Hushhouse (Mel’s other band) and Penpusher (Brian’s other band with The Pigeonhole’s proprietress, Ave) We’re keeping the line up within the family, as a sort of cozy, personal thank from each band member to all of you who support our endeavours, whether music or otherwise.
3. The venue feels just like home! Remember that awesome house party with the bands playing and the DJs simply played the tunes you wanted to hear without the bullshit emceeing? Yeah, just like that! No cover charge, no bouncers, have a party to remember!
4. If you’re wondering about the amazeballs cover art that appears on the LP, it’s actually an actual figurine made from scratch, and both Patrick (the figurine’s name) and Adrian (the artist that conceptualised and built it using RAW MATERIALS FROM THE EARTH) will both be there to party along with you!
5. Quality booze will be sold at affordable prices! So if you’re inebriated, it’ll be in stylezzz.
6. Catch up with old friends, make new ones! Every SHELVES gig seems to bring people closer together. Just an observation from being a wallflower some times. (hur. irony.) But it’s true, everyone’s super friendly, there’s rarely any bitching that goes on, we’re all just here for a good time!
7. There’s a first time for everything! If you’ve never been to a SHELVES gig or to The Pigeonhole, you’ll kill two birds with one stone and have TWICE the bragging rights!
8. We’ll write ANYTHING on your LP if you ask us to. ANYTHING, like even an IOU or ownership of my firstborn.
9. Sure, you could spend Friday night at home playing Mass Effect 3, but there are other Fridays for that. TODAY’S Friday is not special just for us, it’s special because YOU ARE special. The universe can wait, we have to live, tonight!
10. It might be the last show we ever play. Seriously, you gotta play each show like it’s your last because the future’s uncertain, the past lies in ruins, but we’ll live today unlike any other way!
So, we hope to see you there! And we want you to have a good time, if that involves listening to super awesome four-star rated music with chilled booze and being with your closest friends, PARTY TIME STARTS AT 8PM Tonight!